Toubkal: known locally as Jebel Toubkal, derived from the Berber term (touger akal) which is is the highest mountain in North Africa, standing at 4167m above sea-level.As you ascend you pass through remote villages offering an insight to the life of the Berber people. From Toubkal’s roof top there are dramatic views across the High Atlas Mountains, the anti atlas range and views of Marrakech.The trek is rated ‘challenging’ due to the steep and rugged terrain with the height rising again up to 960m from the Neltner refuge.
This is a tailor-made expedition to climb Mt Toubkal it’s a very special trek that is arranged all a year around .
On the one hand we will help to achieve your purpose and fulfill your dream of a Toubkal ascension, and on the other hand you will be in touch with local members (Berber people).Experience the climb of the highest peak in North Africa, Mount Toubkal summit 4167m (13600fit), get a stunning views of the Atlas Mountains, green valleys & Berber villages, meet the Berber guided & muleteers go for the this adventure of your life time….Mount Toubkal 4167m is the highest peak in North Africa, and is a trekking peak involving no climbing. two days involve walking in crampons holding an ice axe for security (Nov to April ) . The itinerary has been designed for keen walkers, as the ascent is non-technical, but involves some easy scrambling and snow slopes. The views from the summit are amazing across the mountains to Marrakech to the north, and the start of the Sahara to the south. All around are the jagged peaks of the High Atlas stretching as far as you can see in every direction.
- Day 1 – Welcoming at Marrakech airport. Then transfer to your homestay in the heart of high Atlas Mountains (HB) and hear a briefing about the challenge ahead.
- Day 2 – After your breakfast meet the trekking Team to start the trek to Nelter Hut (3,207 m) –the base camp for 1 night. (tents will be provided on summer time )
- Day 3 – Summit day! Trek from Nelter Hut to summit (4,167m), then return back to Nelter Hut for lunch time then walk back to imlil for well deserved rest. Celebratory dinner and dancing this evening with our team ( Over night at the guest house in Barber village )
- Day 4 – Short walk to explore life style around the Berber village then transfer back to Marrakech, End of the trek.
Depends on how many people please get in Touch :
What is Included in the price
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts / 2 Lunches / 3 Dinners
- Accommodation: 1 night Basic Camping / 1 night Standard Hotel /1 night Basic Village House or tent will be provided
- Transportation: Minibus. Will be including two transfers from & to Marrakech + 1 transfer from Marrakech airport to your riad on arrival.
- Group Size: 6-
- Tour Staff: Mountain Guide, Cook and Muleteers
- Trek Details: This is a 2-day trek with 4 to 5 hours walking on the first day and 09 to 11 hours walking on the second day. We reach a maximum altitude of 4167m and we have graded this trek as challenging. Mules carry the luggage.
What is not included in the price?
- Travel insurance
- Bottle Mineral water during the trek.
- Medical or accident insurances,
- Personal gear (sleeping bags, shoes,); but we can arranged them to you if you don’t have them (should be on request in advance)
- Any expenditure of personal nature.
If trekking & hiking is your ideal vacation, then try our Toubkal treks please feel free to contact us on : email@example.com