Toubkal: known locally as Jebel Toubkal, derived from the Berber term (touger akal) which is is the highest mountain in North Africa, standing at 4167m above sea-level.
As you ascend you pass through remote villages offering an insight to the life of the Berber people. From Toubkal’s roof top there are dramatic views across the High Atlas Mountains, the anti atlas range and views of Marrakech.
The trek is rated ‘challenging’ due to the steep and rugged terrain with the height rising again up to 960m from the Neltner refuge.
Ecotourism: it matters us as principle of uniting conservation of communities & sustainable development travel
“Responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people”.
This is a tailor-made expedition to climb Mt Toubkal for charity and therefore it’s a very special trek that is arranged twice a year particularly in June & September when the weather is quite nice with objectives of killing two birds with one stone.
On the one hand we will help to achieve your purpose and fulfill your dream of a Toubkal ascension, and on the other hand you will be in touch with local association members (Berber people) to lend them a hand and enlighten their heart by granting them your donations and sharing traditional family atmosphere of having big feast of couscous and Mechwi (Grilled & roasted meat) sealed with the barber music & dance.
The money you bestow on is invested in building & fixing local projects such as roads, channel irrigations, water reservoir and nursery schools whose purpose is to eradicate illiteracy from the region.
- Day 1 – Welcoming @ Marrakech airport. Then transfer to your Riad in the heart of medina which is next to the main square of Jemaa el fenna (B&B) and hear a briefing about the challenge ahead.
- Day 2 – Transfer to Imlil (1,740m) and trek to Nelter Hut (3,207 m) – our base for 1 night. (tents will be provided )
- Day 3 – Summit day! Trek from Nelter Hut to summit (4,167m), then return back to Nelter Hut for lunch time then walk back to imlil for well deserved rest. Celebratory dinner and dancing this evening with our team ( Over night @ the guest house in Barber village )
- Day 4 – Short walk to explore life style around the Berber village then transfer back to Marrakech, End of the trek.
Starting from €350 per person
What is Included in the price
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts / 2 Lunches / 2 Dinners
- Accommodation: 1 night Basic Camping / 1 night Standard Hotel /1 night Basic Village House or tent will be provided
- Transportation: Minibus. Will be including two transfers from & to Marrakech + 1 transfer from Marrakech airport to your riad on arrival.
- Group Size: 6-12
- Tour Staff: Mountain Guide, Cook and Muleteers
- Trek Details: This is a 2-day trek with 4 to 5 hours walking on the first day and 09 to 11 hours walking on the second day. We reach a maximum altitude of 4167m and we have graded this trek as challenging. Mules carry the luggage.
What is not included in the price?
- Travel insurance
- Bottle Mineral water during the trek.
- Medical or accident insurances,
- Personal gear (sleeping bags, shoes,); but we can arranged them to you if you don’t have them (should be on request in advance)
- Any expenditure of personal nature.
If trekking & hiking is your ideal vacation, then try our Toubkal charity treks please feel free to contact us on : firstname.lastname@example.org